Easy Air Fryer Apple Pies
Who doesn’t love the smell of fresh apple pies wafting through the kitchen? The warm, flaky crust combined with the sweet and tart filling is a heavenly combination that can make anyone’s mouth water. But what if I told you that you can achieve the same deliciousness with less effort and time using an air fryer? Yes, you heard that right! With an air fryer, you can make easy and mouthwatering apple pies that are sure to impress your family and friends. Let’s dive into the world of air fryer apple pies and discover just how simple and delicious they can be.
The Magic of Air Fryers
Before we delve into the specifics of making air fryer apple pies, let’s talk about the magic of air fryers. Imagine having a kitchen appliance that can give you the same crispy, golden results as deep frying but with up to 80% less oil. That’s the power of air fryers! They use hot air circulation to cook food evenly and quickly, resulting in a crispy exterior and a tender interior. It’s like having a mini convection oven on your countertop.
Why Choose Air Fryer Apple Pies?
Now, you might be wondering why you should choose air fryer apple pies over traditional ones. Well, here’s the deal. Air fryer apple pies are not only healthier due to the reduced oil, but they are also incredibly easy to make. No need to worry about rolling out the perfect pie crust or dealing with a hot oven. With an air fryer, you can have a batch of delicious apple pies ready in no time.
The Perfect Crust
One of the key components of a good apple pie is the crust. In air fryer apple pies, the crust turns out beautifully golden and crisp. The hot air circulating around the pie creates a lovely texture that is sure to make your taste buds dance with delight. Plus, you can experiment with different types of pie crusts, from traditional butter crusts to nutty and chocolatey variations.
How to Make Easy Air Fryer Apple Pies
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of making easy air fryer apple pies. The first step is to gather your ingredients, including fresh apples, sugar, cinnamon, and a dash of lemon juice. Peel and slice the apples, toss them in the sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice mixture, and let them sit for a few minutes to develop their flavors.
While the apples are marinating, it’s time to prepare the pastry. You can either make your own pie crust or use store-bought dough. Roll out the dough and cut it into circles, making sure they are slightly larger than the size of your air fryer basket. Spoon the apple mixture onto one side of the dough circles, leaving a border around the edges.
Next, fold the dough over the filling and seal the edges by pressing them together with a fork. Brush the tops of the pies with a beaten egg to give them a beautiful golden color. Now, it’s time to air fry! Preheat your air fryer to 375Â°F and place the pies in the basket, making sure not to overcrowd them. Cook for about 12-15 minutes or until the pies are golden brown and the apples are tender.
Once you’ve mastered the art of making easy air fryer apple pies, the possibilities are endless. You can experiment with different fillings, such as adding a hint of caramel or a sprinkle of nutmeg. You can also get creative with the crust by incorporating different flavors like cinnamon or even chocolate. The sky’s the limit when it comes to customizing your air fryer apple pies to suit your taste preferences.
A Sweet Conclusion
So there you have it, an easy and delicious way to make apple pies using an air fryer. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a beginner in the kitchen, air fryer apple pies are a foolproof way to satisfy your dessert cravings. With their crispy crusts and tender apple fillings, these pies are sure to become a family favorite. So go ahead, grab your air fryer, and let’s get baking!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use frozen apples for air fryer apple pies?
No, it’s best to use fresh apples for air fryer apple pies. Frozen apples tend to release more liquid during cooking, resulting in a soggy pie filling.
2. Can I make mini apple pies in an air fryer?
Yes, you can definitely make mini apple pies in an air fryer. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly, as they will cook faster than regular-sized pies.
3. Can I use pre-made pie crusts for air fryer apple pies?
Absolutely! Pre-made pie crusts work perfectly fine for air fryer apple pies and save you time in the kitchen.
4. Can I reheat leftover air fryer apple pies?
Yes, you can reheat leftover air fryer apple pies in the air fryer. Just pop them back in for a few minutes until they are warmed through.
5. Can I make air fryer apple pies without sugar?
While sugar adds sweetness to the apple filling, you can reduce or omit it altogether if you prefer a less sweet pie.
6. How do I prevent the crust from burning in the air fryer?
To prevent the crust from burning in the air fryer, you can cover the pies with aluminum foil halfway through the cooking process.
7. Can I use a pie mold or pan in the air fryer?
Yes, you can use a pie mold or pan in the air fryer. Just make sure it fits comfortably in the basket and allows for proper air circulation.
8. Can I make gluten-free air fryer apple pies?
Yes, you can make gluten-free air fryer apple pies by using gluten-free pie crusts or alternative flours like almond flour for the crust.
Easy Air Fryer Apple Pies
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) of refrigerated pie crusts (2 pie crusts)
- 1 can (21 ounces) of apple pie filling
- 1 egg , beaten
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon sugar (adjust to taste)
- Cooking spray , for greasing the pan
- Begin by placing one pie crust onto a surface that has been lightly floured. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it is thin.
- Take a 2-1/4-inch round biscuit or cookie cutter and use it to cut the pie crust into 10 circles. Repeat this process with the second pie crust, resulting in a total of 20 pie crust circles.
- Take each circle and fill about half of it with apple pie filling.
- Place a second pie crust circle on top of the filled circle, creating a mini pie. Ensure not to overfill the pies.
- Press down the edges of the mini pies and use a fork to crimp and seal them.
- Brush the tops of the pies with beaten egg and sprinkle cinnamon sugar over them.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place a batch of the mini pies into the air fryer basket, leaving enough space for air circulation.
- Bake the pies in the air fryer until they turn golden brown, which should take around 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the pies from the basket and bake the remaining ones.
- Serve the mini pies warm or at room temperature.
- Cook's Notes: If the apple slices are large, you can cut them in half before filling the mini pies. Additionally,