Instant Pot Corned Beef
Are you ready to take your corned beef to a whole new level? Look no further than the Instant Pot! This magical kitchen device can turn a tough cut of meat into tender and flavorful perfection in just a fraction of the time it would take using traditional cooking methods. In this article, we’ll explore how to make mouthwatering Instant Pot corned beef that will leave your taste buds begging for more.
Why Choose the Instant Pot?
Imagine having a delicious corned beef dinner on the table in under two hours, instead of waiting for several hours for it to simmer on the stove. With the Instant Pot, you can have tender and juicy corned beef in no time. Its pressure cooking technology allows for faster cooking times while maintaining the meat’s natural flavors and textures. Plus, the Instant Pot’s versatility means you can also use it for other cooking tasks, like steaming vegetables or making soups and stews.
Preparing the Instant Pot Corned Beef
Before you start cooking, it’s important to prepare your corned beef properly. Begin by rinsing the beef under cold water to remove any excess salt or brine. This step will help prevent the meat from becoming too salty during the cooking process. Next, place the corned beef in the Instant Pot, fat side up, and add the included spice packet or your own blend of spices for extra flavor.
Cooking Time and Method
Once your corned beef is ready to go, it’s time to set your Instant Pot. Select the “pressure cook” or “manual” setting, and adjust the cooking time according to the size of your cut of meat. As a general rule, plan for about 90 minutes of cooking time for a 3-pound corned beef brisket. The Instant Pot will take some time to come to pressure before the actual cooking time starts, so be sure to factor that into your overall cooking time.
Adding Extra Ingredients
If you want to enhance the flavors of your corned beef even further, consider adding some additional ingredients to the Instant Pot. Vegetables like cabbage, carrots, and potatoes can be added to the pot during the last few minutes of cooking, making them the perfect accompaniment to your main dish. The Instant Pot will infuse these vegetables with the rich flavors of the corned beef, resulting in a deliciously balanced meal.
Carefully Release the Pressure
Once the cooking time has elapsed, it’s essential to release the pressure from the Instant Pot safely. You have two options: natural pressure release or quick pressure release. Natural pressure release involves allowing the Instant Pot to release the pressure gradually on its own, which can take anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes. Quick pressure release, on the other hand, involves manually releasing the pressure using the valve on the lid. Keep in mind that quick pressure release can cause hot steam to escape, so be sure to protect your hands and face.
Serving and Enjoying
Finally, it’s time to serve and enjoy your Instant Pot corned beef masterpiece. Remove the corned beef from the Instant Pot and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it against the grain. This will ensure tender and juicy slices every time. Serve your corned beef alongside the cooked vegetables, and don’t forget to drizzle some of the cooking liquid over the meat for added moisture and flavor. Sit back, relax, and savor the deliciousness!
The Instant Pot is indeed a game-changer when it comes to cooking corned beef. Its pressure cooking technology allows for faster cooking times without sacrificing flavor or tenderness. By following the steps outlined in this article, you’ll be able to create a mouthwatering Instant Pot corned beef dish that will impress your family and friends. So, go ahead and give it a try â€“ you won’t be disappointed!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use a different cut of meat for Instant Pot corned beef?
A: While traditionally corned beef is made from brisket, you can experiment with other cuts like round or rump. Keep in mind that the cooking time may vary.
Q: How do I store leftover Instant Pot corned beef?
A: Allow the corned beef to cool completely before storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should stay fresh for up to 3-4 days.
Q: Can I freeze cooked Instant Pot corned beef?
A: Absolutely! Allow the corned beef to cool, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in a freezer-safe container. It can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Q: Can I cook corned beef without the spice packet?
A: Yes, you can create your own spice blend using a combination of peppercorns, mustard seeds, coriander, and other herbs and spices of your choice.
Q: Can I use the Instant Pot for corned beef with a bone?
A: While the Instant Pot can handle bone-in cuts of meat, it’s important to adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure the meat is fully cooked.
Q: Can I cook corned beef with the fat side down?
A: It’s generally recommended to cook corned beef with the fat side up. This allows the fat to baste the meat as it cooks, resulting in a more flavorful and moist final product.
Q: Can I add beer to the Instant Pot when cooking corned beef?
A: Absolutely! Adding beer to the cooking liquid can add another layer of flavor to your corned beef. Just be sure to adjust the amount of liquid accordingly.
Q: Can I use the Instant Pot for corned beef with a glaze?
A: Yes, you can apply a glaze to your corned beef before or after cooking. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may need to be adjusted to ensure the glaze doesn’t burn.
Q: Can I cook corned beef in the Instant Pot without vegetables?
A: Absolutely! The vegetables are optional and can be added or omitted based on your personal preferences.
Instant Pot Corned Beef
- 2 cups of water
- 1 can or bottle (12 fluid ounces) of beer
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 (3-pound) brisket of corned beef with spice packet
- To make tender, juicy, and flavorful corned beef in just two hours using a multi-functional pressure cooker, follow these steps:
- Gather all the ingredients needed.
- In a multi-functional pressure cooker, combine two cups of water and a 12-ounce beer (preferably a dark Irish stout like Guinness) with four cloves of garlic.
- Place the trivet inside the pressure cooker.
- Put the three-pound corned beef brisket on top of the trivet and season it with the included spice packet.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Select the high-pressure setting and set the timer for 90 minutes. Allow 10-15 minutes for the pressure to build.
- Release the pressure using the quick-release method, which should take approximately 5 minutes. Then, unlock and remove the lid.
- Transfer the brisket to a baking sheet, cover it with aluminum foil, and let it rest for about 15 minutes before serving.
- If you want to make a full corned beef and cabbage meal, remove the trivet while the brisket is resting. Add baby carrots, quartered red potatoes, and cabbage wedges to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Close and lock the lid, and set the timer for 5 minutes. Release the pressure and serve the vegetables with the rested brisket.
- If you're unsure about the cooking time for your specific brisket, reviewers suggest cooking it