Mashed Potato-Topped Turkey Pot Pie
Are you looking for a comforting and delicious meal that combines the goodness of turkey and mashed potatoes? Look no further than mashed potato-topped turkey pot pie! This dish takes classic pot pie to a whole new level with a creamy layer of mashed potatoes on top. It’s like a warm hug in a bowl!
The Perfect Comfort Food
There’s something special about comfort food that just makes everything better. It’s like a cozy blanket on a cold winter’s night or a warm fireplace on a chilly evening. And mashed potato-topped turkey pot pie is no exception. It’s the ultimate comfort food that warms both your body and soul.
Imagine biting into a flaky crust filled with tender chunks of turkey, carrots, and peas, all smothered in a rich and flavorful gravy. And then, as you dig deeper into the pie, you reach the creamy layer of mashed potatoes on top. It’s pure bliss!
A Twist on a Classic
If you’re a fan of traditional pot pie, you’ll love this twist on the classic recipe. The mashed potatoes not only add an extra layer of creaminess but also provide a beautiful golden crust when baked to perfection. It’s like having two comfort foods in one!
And the best part? You can easily customize your mashed potato-topped turkey pot pie to suit your taste. Add some herbs and spices to the mashed potatoes for an extra kick of flavor. Or swap out the turkey for chicken or beef if that’s what you prefer. The possibilities are endless!
Simple and Satisfying
One of the great things about mashed potato-topped turkey pot pie is that it’s simple to make. You don’t need any fancy ingredients or complicated techniques. Just gather your favorite vegetables, some leftover turkey, and a batch of fluffy mashed potatoes, and you’re good to go!
Whether you’re looking to use up Thanksgiving leftovers or simply craving a hearty meal, mashed potato-topped turkey pot pie is the answer. It’s a crowd-pleasing dish that will leave everyone satisfied and asking for seconds.
So why not give this comfort food classic a try? With its creamy mashed potato topping and savory filling, it’s sure to become a new family favorite. It’s comfort food at its finest!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use store-bought mashed potatoes for this recipe?
Yes, you can definitely use store-bought mashed potatoes if you’re short on time. However, homemade mashed potatoes will give you a fresher and more flavorful result.
2. Can I use chicken instead of turkey?
Absolutely! Feel free to substitute chicken for turkey in this recipe. It will still be just as delicious.
3. Can I freeze mashed potato-topped turkey pot pie?
Yes, you can freeze this dish. Just make sure to wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing. When you’re ready to enjoy it, simply thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and then bake it until heated through.
4. Can I add cheese to the mashed potatoes?
Of course! Adding cheese to the mashed potatoes will give them an extra layer of richness and flavor. Cheddar or Parmesan cheese work particularly well.
5. How long does it take to bake the pot pie?
The baking time will vary depending on your oven, but it typically takes around 30-40 minutes for the mashed potato topping to turn golden and the filling to bubble.
6. Can I make this pot pie in advance?
Yes, you can assemble the pot pie ahead of time and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake it. Just make sure to cover it tightly to prevent it from drying out.
7. Can I use other vegetables in the filling?
Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite vegetables to the filling. Corn, green beans, or mushrooms would all be delicious additions.
8. Can I use a different type of crust?
Yes, you can use a different type of crust if you prefer. Puff pastry or biscuit dough would both work well as alternatives to the traditional pie crust.
In conclusion, mashed potato-topped turkey pot pie is the ultimate comfort food that combines the best of both worlds. It’s a classic dish with a twist that will warm your heart and satisfy your taste buds. So gather your ingredients and get ready to enjoy a bowl of pure comfort!
Mashed Potato-Topped Turkey Pot Pie
- 1 portion of pastry for one pie crust
- 4 cups of turkey , cooked and cubed
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) of condensed chicken soup
- 2 cups of water , divided
- 2 packages (1.2 ounces each) of turkey gravy mix
- 1 package (16 ounces) of frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups of mashed potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Press the pie crust into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Layer the turkey meat over the crust.
- Spoon the cream of chicken soup over the turkey.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Stir in the mixed vegetables and cook until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dry gravy mix with the remaining 1 cup of water.
- Stir the gravy mixture into the cooked vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until the mixture thickens, about 1 minute.
- Pour the vegetables and gravy over the cream of chicken soup layer in the baking dish.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the top of the pie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes or until the filling is bubbling.