Easy Green Beans with Cream Cheese
Are you looking for a delicious and simple side dish that will impress your guests? Look no further than easy green beans with cream cheese! These tender green beans are cooked to perfection and then tossed with creamy and tangy cream cheese for a burst of flavor in every bite. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just want to elevate your weeknight meal, this dish is sure to be a hit!
The Secret Ingredient: Cream Cheese
What makes these green beans so special? It’s all thanks to the secret ingredient: cream cheese. This creamy and indulgent dairy product adds a rich and velvety texture to the dish, making it absolutely irresistible. As the cream cheese melts and coats the green beans, it creates a luscious sauce that complements the natural flavors of the beans. It’s like a creamy hug for your taste buds!
Why Cream Cheese Works Magic with Green Beans
Why does cream cheese work so well with green beans? Think of it like a culinary match made in heaven. The mild and slightly sweet flavor of the cream cheese pairs perfectly with the fresh and slightly earthy taste of the green beans. It’s a combination that balances richness and freshness, creating a harmonious and delightful dish.
How to Make Easy Green Beans with Cream Cheese
Now that you know the secret to this mouthwatering dish, let’s dive into how to make it. Start by blanching the green beans in boiling water until they’re tender yet still vibrant green. Then, quickly shock them in an ice bath to preserve their color and crispness. In a separate pan, melt the cream cheese with a touch of butter and season with salt and pepper. Add the blanched green beans to the pan and toss until they’re well-coated in the creamy sauce. And voila! You have a simple yet elegant side dish that’s ready to be enjoyed.
Easy green beans with cream cheese is a versatile and delicious dish that’s perfect for any occasion. The combination of tender green beans and creamy cheese creates a memorable flavor experience that will leave your guests asking for seconds. So why not elevate your next meal with this easy-to-make and impressive side dish? Your taste buds will thank you!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use frozen green beans for this recipe?
Absolutely! Frozen green beans work just as well as fresh ones in this dish. Just make sure to thaw them before blanching and proceed with the recipe as directed.
2. Can I substitute cream cheese with another type of cheese?
While cream cheese is the star of this recipe, you can experiment with other soft cheeses like goat cheese or Boursin for a different flavor profile. However, keep in mind that the texture and taste may vary.
3. Can I add other ingredients to the dish?
Of course! Feel free to get creative and add additional ingredients to personalize the dish. Crumbled bacon, toasted almonds, or saut√©ed mushrooms are all great options to enhance the flavors.
4. How do I store leftovers?
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep well for up to 3 days. Simply reheat in a pan over low heat or in the microwave before serving.
5. Can I make this dish in advance?
While it’s best to serve this dish fresh, you can blanch the green beans and prepare the cream cheese sauce ahead of time. Keep them separate and assemble just before serving for the best results.
6. Are green beans a healthy option?
Yes, green beans are a nutritious choice! They are low in calories and packed with vitamins and minerals. Plus, they add a vibrant pop of color to your plate.
7. Can I make this dish vegan?
Unfortunately, cream cheese is a dairy product, so it’s not suitable for a vegan diet. However, you can explore vegan cream cheese alternatives or try using a cashew-based cream sauce for a similar creamy texture.
8. What are some main dishes that pair well with this side dish?
Easy green beans with cream cheese pairs well with a variety of main dishes. It complements roasted chicken, grilled steak, or even a vegetarian lasagna. The creamy flavor of the beans adds a delightful contrast to the main course.
Easy Green Beans with Cream Cheese
- 2 cans of green beans (approximately 14.5 ounces each , like Del Monte brand)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- Salt and cracked black pepper , to taste
- Remove excess water from green beans and place them in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring the green beans to a boil, then reduce the heat and let them simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add butter and cream cheese to the saucepan containing the green beans.
- Stir the mixture continuously until the butter and cream cheese are fully melted and well combined, which usually takes around 3 to 5 minutes.
- Season the green beans with salt and pepper according to your taste preference.
- If you prefer, you can substitute fresh green beans for canned ones.
- For a lower-calorie alternative, you can replace the cream cheese with Neufch√¢tel cheese.