Easy Apple Crisp
Are you looking for a delicious and comforting dessert that is quick and easy to make? Look no further than this easy apple crisp recipe! It’s the perfect dessert to warm you up on a chilly evening or to enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on a warm summer day. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to make this mouthwatering dessert and share some tips and tricks along the way.
The Perfect Combination of Sweetness and Crunch
Imagine biting into a warm, tender apple that is coated with a sweet and buttery crumble topping. The contrast between the soft apples and the crunchy topping creates a delightful explosion of flavors and textures in every bite. It’s like a symphony for your taste buds!
A Simple Recipe with Simple Ingredients
One of the best things about this apple crisp recipe is that it requires only a handful of ingredients that are likely already sitting in your pantry. You’ll need fresh apples, sugar, flour, oats, butter, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. That’s it! No complicated measurements or hard-to-find ingredients.
A Step-by-Step Guide
Now, let’s dive into the step-by-step process of making this easy apple crisp:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a baking dish
- Peel and slice the apples, then place them in the baking dish
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and salt
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add it to the dry mixture. Use your fingers to rub the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the sliced apples
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving
See how easy that was? In just a few simple steps, you can have a delicious apple crisp ready to be devoured.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use different types of apples?
Yes, you can use any type of apple you prefer or have on hand. Some people like the tartness of Granny Smith apples, while others prefer the sweetness of Honeycrisp or Gala apples.
2. Can I make this apple crisp ahead of time?
Absolutely! You can prepare the apple crisp ahead of time and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
3. Can I freeze the apple crisp?
Yes, you can freeze the apple crisp before or after baking. If freezing before baking, wrap the dish tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. When you’re ready to bake, let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake as directed. If freezing after baking, let it cool completely, then wrap and freeze. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator and then bake in a preheated oven until heated through.
4. Can I add other fruits to the apple crisp?
Of course! You can get creative and add other fruits like pears, berries, or even rhubarb to the apple crisp. Just make sure to adjust the sugar and baking time accordingly.
5. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can easily make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free flour and certified gluten-free oats.
6. Can I substitute the butter with margarine or coconut oil?
Yes, you can substitute the butter with margarine or coconut oil. However, keep in mind that it may alter the flavor and texture slightly.
7. Can I add nuts to the crumble topping?
Absolutely! Chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts can add an extra crunch and flavor to the crumble topping. Just sprinkle them on top before baking.
8. Can I serve this apple crisp with anything else?
Definitely! Apple crisp is delicious on its own, but you can take it to the next level by serving it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream, or a drizzle of caramel sauce.
In conclusion, this easy apple crisp recipe is a simple yet satisfying dessert that everyone will love. With its perfect balance of sweetness and crunch, it’s sure to become a favorite in your household. So why wait? Gather your ingredients and get ready to indulge in a warm and comforting treat!
Easy Apple Crisp
- 6 medium apples , peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (15.25 ounces) of white cake mix
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Â½ cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Arrange the sliced apples evenly in the bottom of the greased baking dish.
- Pour water over the apples.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the melted butter until the mixture is thoroughly blended and crumbly.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the apples in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly and the topping is browned.